strange metal disc

From: living-history-admins-at-companie-of-st-george.ch
Date: Thu, 24 Feb 2011 23:22:54 +0100

Hello,

I hope somebody will be able to help me with this strange object

Please take a look on the enclosed pictures.
http://www.armabohemia.cz/CDD/1b.jpg
http://www.armabohemia.cz/CDD/2a.jpg

Does anybody know what could be the metal(?) disc attached to the sleeve?

BTW: do you know where the painting from is?

Thanks.

Jakub Malovany