Re: Handgunner

From: Anne Embleton
Date: Wed, 22 Dec 2010 19:45:19 +0100

hullo Juro...what I have said is that one illustration in the Schilling =
chronicles shows a box with small  prepared powder charges and shot in =
separate compartments .There is also an earlier manuscript illustration =
of a tube shaped powder charge with what certainly looks like a =
roundshot inserted in one end.The handwritten caption says that this is =
a quick method and might be made of paper or cloth.In fact "fixed =
Cartridge".This is the earliest illustration I know..(SEE DRAGON) WE =
havent even scratched the surface of this subject. There are many =
illustrations  of
 prepared powder charges sharing a box with shot so made up cartridges =
are certainly technically possible .We have so little references for =
anything ,every thing is open to lnterpretation and none of us can have =
the final word...after all living history is not a scientific =
occupation...it only helps us to experiment and guess .
as one gunner to another I can only say ENJOY!
Gerry