Re: lots of holes in doublet...

From: Harald Maußner
Date: Sun, 15 Jun 2003 21:02:55 +0200

Hi Tom,

I try to make one.

When you come to the Coburg - event in July there you can look at an
original one. The one on Coburg is an horseman - holledoublet, and it is
preserved complet.

We can talk about the experiances I have made till now. I try to manufacture
my one since, I think 6 or 7 weeks - you will see it.

yours Harry

> Hello to all!!!
>
> I`m looking for inormations about "fustian doublet full of hollis"
> ("Medieval Military Costume" plate 9)...
>
> were those doublets made only of fustian, or maybe linen material tooo?
how
> do You think??

The one in Coburg is made only of linen 3 to 4 layers. The material for the
holes is also linen.

 does enybody know how should it look like (in general - in

http://us.click.yahoo.com/Lj3uPC/Me7FAA/ySSFAA/PJ_qlB/TM